Mr. Michael Friedman
|Michael Friedman is a partner and the Co-Practice Group Leader of Chapman's Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group.
Michael focuses his practice on bankruptcy, financial restructurings and special situation transactions including the representation of investors and debt holders in bankruptcy proceedings, financial restructurings, event driven merger and acquisition transactions and debt financings. Michael regularly represents hedge funds, private equity funds, alternative lenders, investment banks, and financial institutions. Michael’s broad finance, M&A and restructuring experience allows him to help clients structure event driven and special situation investments in a manner that will allow them to achieve their business objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Michael represents investors in distressed and special situation acquisitions, purchases of assets in chapter 11 proceedings or “363 sales,” debtor-in-possession financings, rescue or bridge financings and chapter 11 exit financings. He represents secured and unsecured creditors in virtually all aspects of complex chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations and out-of-court restructuring transactions. Michael also provides real-time focused legal analysis and advice to investors contemplating investments in distressed opportunities.
· Panelist, "Valuing and Restructuring Distressed Companies in the Face of Operational Headwinds," TMA Chicago/Midwest Chapter Event. October 27, 2017.
· Panelist, "Fiduciary Duty," 2017 TMA Western Regional Conference. July 26 – 28, 2017.
· Guest Lecturer, Yeshiva University's Sy Syms School of Business. April 24, 2017.
· Panelist, "Investing in U.S. Institutional Corporate Loans," 2017 Tel Aviv Institutional Investment Conference. March 8, 2017.
· Moderator, "Valuation Case Study," American Bankruptcy Institute's VALCON 2017. March 1 – 3, 2017.